Blue Cross Community Health Plans offers additional benefits, available only to BCCHP Medicaid plan members. These benefits are offered for BCCHP members in addition to your Illinois Medicaid benefits.
Details for each added benefit and how to enroll are listed below. For further details, or to enroll in these programs, contact Member Services at 1-877-860-2837.
$15 Quarterly for Over-the-Counter Drugs and Supplies in 2021
You can order $15 in approved over-the-counter (OTC) items once a quarter (every three months) at no cost. This includes OTC items like pain relievers and allergy medicine. Benefit amounts will not roll over to the next quarter.
To order your OTC Items:
- Click here to view the OTC Catalog.
- Call Member Services at 1-877-860-2837 (TTY/TDD: 711) once a quarter to place your order.
- Expect your order to be shipped to your address within 7 to 10 days.
Free Medical Transportation
You may get free transportation to a pharmacy, provider appointment or to a BCCHP-sponsored event. This is in addition to the standard transportation benefit. In-depth details about your transportation benefit and how to schedule a ride can be found here.
Blue365® Member Discount Program
Members get a free membership to Blue365, an additional benefit of being part of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. Blue365 members receive exclusive health and wellness discounts from a range of top retailers. Visit the Blue365 website to start saving.
Earn $15 Gift Cards for Completing Preventative Services
Through our Healthy Incentives Program, you can earn gift cards for completing certain preventive services such as:
- $15 gift card for women age 50-74 who get an annual breast cancer screening
- Members with diabetes can get a $15 gift card for having a yearly retinal exam with a doctor
Earn $30 Gift Cards and Baby Supplies with the Special Beginnings Program®
Pregnant members who join Special Beginnings will receive education and support to guide them through pregnancy and beyond.
You may qualify for:
- A free car seat or free portable crib. If you go to a prenatal appointment in your first trimester or visit within 42 days of enrolling with BCCHP.
- Two (2) free packages of diapers if have your first post-partum doctor’s visit within 84 days of your child’s birth.
- A $30 gift card for going to at least six (6) well child appointments from birth to 15 months.
If you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant and would like to enroll in Special Beginnings, please call 1-888-421-7781.
$40 for Upgraded Eyeglasses
You can get $40 toward a pair of upgraded eyeglass frames every two years.
Practice Dental Visits
In addition to covered dental benefits, members with developmental disabilities or serious mental illness can go for practice visits to the dentist.
Free Cell Phone
You may qualify for a free cell phone with call minutes available to call your doctor, Care Coordinator or 911 emergency services. Call Member Services at 1-877-860-2837 (TTY/TDD: 711) for more information.