Behavioral health can affect overall health. Blue Cross Community MMAI (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)SM wants to help you get the quality care you need for overall health. Behavioral Health services can help those facing:
- Mental health conditions
- Substance abuse
Behavioral Health Crisis Line
The Behavioral Health Crisis Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 hours a week. This service is offered to help intervene and stabilize during a crisis. Any member having a psychiatric or behavioral health crisis can call this number. A qualified mental health professional will be sent to provide a face-to-face screening.
- Call: 1-800-345-9049
- TTY: 1-866-794-0374
When should you call the Behavioral Health Crisis Line? Call if there is:
- Feelings of hopelessness
- A high level of anxiety or agitation
- An increase in risky behaviors or substance abuse
- Suicidal and/or homicidal thoughts
Behavioral Health Overview
The type of service you might need depends on your personal situation. We can help you find out what services are covered. You do not need a referral for a provider that is in our plan network.
What Is Covered?
Some of the covered services we offer include:
- Alcohol or drug treatments
- Care during a hospital stay
- Community-based behavioral health services
- Crisis services
- Day treatment at a hospital
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication assisted treatment
- Outpatient services, such as medication management, therapy and counseling
- Residential treatment of substance abuse
What Is Not Covered?
Examples of what this plan does not cover:
- Experimental procedures or non-drug therapies
- Services from non-licensed providers
To learn more, see the Member Handbook on the Forms & Documents page.